September and October
- Review your transcript and/or diploma verification report to ensure all of your courses (external credits, DL courses, etc.) are listed.
- Make sure you have all the courses for graduation requirements AND post-secondary entrance requirements.
- Check application deadlines for all programs and schools that you are interested in. They do NOT have the same application deadlines.
- Attend the "Scholarships 101" workshop during FLEX (registration is necessary)
- Begin the "Graduation Transitions Handbook" for Graduation Transitions: http://www.sd47.bc.ca/school/brooks/ProgramsServices/counselling/personal/Pages/grad.aspx
- Meet your school counsellor to discuss any questions about the post-secondary process.
November and December
- Students and parents/guardians welcome to join the "Beyond Brooks" annual conference: information on scholarships, student loans, budgeting, exploring and applying to post-secondary schools, etc.
- Attend the PSI-BC visits at Brooks (information and presentations from post-secondary schools in BC).
- Arrange to have your interim marks and final marks sent to the PSIs of your choice using the online PSI Selections Form: https://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/tsw/tsw/student/
- Check to see if any of your applications require supplemental material (references, essays, portfolios, etc.).
January and February
- Apply for dual-credit programs or more courses for the 2016/2017 school year at Brooks.
- Review deadlines for applications.
March and April
- Complete and submit local scholarship applications (available from the front office).
- Continue to self-report grades to the post-secondary institutions that request them.
- Attend StudentAidBC information session (information about applying for student loans).
May and June
- Participate in "Exit Interviews" for Graduation Transitions.
- Plan and register for fall courses.